Problem: Pro*C/C++ ,Oracle 8.0.5 and IBM Visual Age C++ 4 Compiler on Windows NT 4

From: Uwe Zekl <uwe.zeklNOuwSPAM_at_familienfuersorge.de.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/08

Hello,

I have the following Problem:

I want to use the Oracle Pro*C/C++ Precompiler in the IBM Visual Age C++ 4 Compiler. I'm porting the program from AIX, where all works fine. But under NT I need to link the application with the 'sqllib80.lib'. But this lib is provided by Oracle only for Borland and Microsoft Compilers and so I get an 'unresolved external' (with both versions).

Does anyone knows, where to get a 'sqllib80.lib' that works with the IBM Compiler? Or is there another workaround possible?

I have tried to build an own 'lib'-file with the IBM 'ilib' tool (First a 'def' from the 'sqllib80.dll' and then from the 'sqllib80.def' the 'sqllib80.lib'). Then linking was OK, but the program crashes at every call to 'sqlcxt'. So I think the generated 'lib' is not really working.

Please answer to my e-mail address.

Thanx in advance!

Bye,
Uwe

 Uwe Zekl
 Familienfürsorge LVaG, Detmold
 Germany
 EDV  E-Mail: Uwe.Zekl_at_familienfuersorge.de

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!