RMAN + Networker 5.5.1

From: <n.paulsen_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hi,

is their anybody using BDMO (Legato's Oracle Businesssuite module) version 2.1.2 + patch 2.1.2-001 + patch 2.1.2-002 with Networker 5.5.1?

We have two problems:

  1. we can't allocate a tape-channel for backup, but RMAN-backup to disk works.
  2. Despite of the patches 001/002 we can't make a scheduled Backup.

ERROR message

# nsrdmo -S TEST -T TEST_NEPTUN -R rcat -g testora backup_full.rcv 06/07/00 20:47:32 NetWorker: User name and password were not found in the client "neptun" resource in group "testora" for server "venus".  Edit the client resource for saveset "backup_full.rcv" to  include these. nsrobkstart returned error of 255

Has anybody a working client resource?

The manual says.

Important: The remote user and password listed in the NetWorker client resource for the Oracle8 instance must be the same as the user and password for both the target database and RMAN catalog. To create a password file for the RMAN user, complete the following steps:
1. Create the password file using the ORAPWD utility: ORAPWD FILE=orapwSID PASSWORD=secret ENTRIES=30 2. Set the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE initialization parameter to EXCLUSIVE.
3. Start Server Manager in line mode, connect as SYSDBA, and start the database to
make the database recognize the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE parameter. 4. Grant SYSDBA or SYSOPER privileges to the database administrators: GRANT SYSDBA TO RMAN; We did it this way, but it doesn't work.

  1. Backup-Server (venus)

 Solstice Backup Server 5.5.1+ latest patch  Solaris 2.5.1

b) Database-Server (neptun)

 Solstice Backup Client 5.5.1+latest patch  Solaris 2.6
 Oracle 8.1.5

TIA Nele Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message