Re: ampersand in sql loader data file

From: Noah Couture <noah_at_coutureconsulting.com>
Date: 2000/06/07

I'm getting this:

% sqlldr ...
Commit point reached - logical record count 167 ORA-22990: LOB locators cannot span transactions Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

It dumps core before writing anything to the log or bad file. I was assuming that the & was the LOB locator, but I guess thats wrong. I have no idea what a lob locator is. I do however have three CLOB columns, but I was treating them as char columns in the ctl file and including their contents inline as string just like i'm doing for varchar2 columns. I'm guessing I need to do something special for these columns. If I try to do the same thing using direct, it seems to work great but I get an internal error when I try to select any of the clob columns.

Does this make more sense?

thanks
noah