Re: Error in configuring ODBC Driver for Oracle7/8

From: Berbera <berbera_2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/06/07

I am facing the same problems for a while now. I already found out that the order of installation Oracle 7 and 8 clients make a difference.
Sometimes it will work when you install Oracle 8 first, afterwards Oracle 7 + intersolv driver. Never ever install Intersolv drivers after you only have installed the Oracle 8 client. Intersolv are Oracle 7 drivers which will overwrite or mess up some NT dlls, so Oracle 8 doesn't work anymore. Be also aware that Oracle 7 and 8 put their tns names files in different folders.

Help on this subject is welcome.

Oracle doesn't support 2 different client versions on 1 pc. BTW did you try ODBC test. I am only getting 'Dr Watson' fatal error' when I tried it.

Cheers,

Berbera