Re: ORACLE 8i PERSONEL AND DEVELOPER 6 / JDEVELOPER

From: Ummmm <craigjbNOcrSPAM_at_slkc.uswest.net.invalid>
Date: 2000/06/07

What is the error message you receive when you try to connect Oracle 8i PE?

I encountered a problem connecting to O8iPE which was caused by the Start Database shortcut not starting the database listener. If you are getting a simular error, you can try starting the listener manually with the DOS Command: LSNRCTL START. If it says the Listener is already started, then most likely your TNSNAMES.ORA file needs to be updated with the correct connect string. If the Listener wasn't started, try running the Net8 Easy Config and create a TCP connection to your database. Don't use the IPC(Local Database) as you won't be able to connect to the database with anything other than the SQL*Plus that comes with O8iPE.

Well, I hope that helped.
Craig...

In article <8f4j12$bhq$1_at_weber.a2000.nl>, "Martin Vonk" <m.w.vonk_at_chello.nl> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Try http://www.chow1.myweb.nl
>It works....
>HTH
>Martin
>
>ARSKumar <arskumar_at_aol.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
>20000507112242.14522.00001829_at_ng-ck1.aol.com...
>> I am unable to connect from Forms/Reports 6.0/JDeveloper to
 the Oracle 8i
>> Personel edition installed on my Windows 98 PC.
>>
>> Installation details :
>>
>> Oracle 8i On : Ora81
>> Developer 6 On: ORAWIN95.
>>
>> I have tried to create a service in Net8 using TCP/IP. Still
 not
 working....

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!