SQL Help

From: <kskasi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/06/07

Hello everyone

I have the following SQL

select Tot.tcc_task_code, rec.Actual, pls.Plan FROM (select tcc_task_code, sum(amount) Plan

            from planning_summary
            WHERE   summary_type = 'W'
            group by tcc_task_code) pls,
          (select tcc_task_code, sum(Amount) Actual
           from  recordings
           group by tcc_task_code) rec,
         (select tcc_task_code from planning_summary
          union
          select tcc_task_code from recordings) Tot
WHERE tot.tcc_task_code = rec.tcc_task_code(+) and tot.tcc_task_code = pls.tcc_task_code(+)

So I basicaly use 3 inline views to get the following output

tcc_task_code     Actual      Plan
2000                        $10
2001                                      $20
2003                        $40         $50

I feel that the last union statement is slowing down the SQL. The reason for I have
that is, few task codes might exist in planning_summary table and not in recordings
and also the vise versa. So even if we use outer join, we might miss some tcc_task_codes
without using unions. Can this be done anyother way effeciently.

thanks...kasi Received on Wed Jun 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message