MAx length and query length in Forms 6.0

From: jay vajramani <jvajrama_at_ford.com>
Date: 2000/06/06

Hi, I am converting forms from 4.5 to 6.0 One problem I am encountering is that:
I have a base table block and a field in it ( say partbase ) had Maximum Length property set to 8 and Query length is set to 56. In enter-query mode - pre-query- trigger - I am populating this field to :block1.partbase := '#LIKE || ''''|| '3600'||'''' ; It gives me a numeric or value error in this trigger. But the same thing works perfectly in forms 4.5 THis looks like a bug in FOrms 6.0.
One workaround is increasing the Maximum Length of the field. Any other smart soultion to this without changing the properties? Let me know.
Thanks
Jay Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message