Re: Frustrated SQL Plus user

From: dizzy <dizzy73_at_connix.com>
Date: 2000/06/05

Mike Dwyer wrote:

> I learned to use SQL*Plus with Oracle v4, only back then it was called UFI -
> for User-Friendly Interface.
>
> We called it, "FUI"!

ahhh so you switched the words around to "Friendly User Interface"! :-)

Or... maybe you mean F&^ked Up Interface or F&^*ing Ugly Interface!! ;->

> So Oracle changed the name of the product.
>
> The product has hardly changed at all in 12 years. (And Oracle still changes
> product names, too.)

Well I have to say thanks to everyone who replied. I certainly learned a few new tricks!

however, Im still pretty much forced to use sql + at home for personal Oracle.
As far as purchasing Toad... I cant really see a justification for it while all I want is
a simple unencumbered editor which is able to buffer the commands in the session
and allow me to left arrow to tweak the statements.

That's all I want. I cant stand wrestling with sql+ and cant justify *buying* a program to do that If I were to spend any money it would be on a box that could run nt server, where this wouldn't be an issue because then I would have worksheet.
I figured Id ask here.
This is just for my playing around at home so I can write vb apps against Oracle.
So... in fact I have a editor which will query but it needs quite a bit more work, so I was looking for something to tide me over. A nice simple quick editor similar to worksheet (which isn't included in personal Oracle)
I figgured there must be something out there for free

When my app is finished and you guys still remember me ... Ill be back, and make it available for download (free)

Thanks again for all the replies and tips

Best Regards
rob Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message