Re: Frustrated SQL Plus user

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/06/04

[Quoted] "dizzy" <dizzy73_at_connix.com> wrote in message news:393AD7F3.54104117_at_connix.com...
>Yes you're rite, that's what it was. So in that case I nave notepad popping up
[Quoted] and closing every 5 minutes not to mention I then have to name and remember my [Quoted] past queries.. I thought that's what computers we for! ;-)

Sort of. That's why you can just forget the names and do a "host ls *.sql" or a "host dir *.sql" to get a list of 'em. :-)

>Haven't you used sql worksheet? My primary problem is I don't have a machine
[Quoted] here (home) with enough resources to act as a server. If you have Oracle on an [Quoted] nt server chances are worksheet is available.

We have Oracle running on DG/UX Unix at work. Now that I think about it I might have seen SQL Worksheet available at some point but I've no idea how to [Quoted] use it or what to use it for.

>Thanks for your input Matt. Im really surprised there isn't an alternative to
+

I don't know of a tool that markets itself as a SQL*Plus alternative in so many words, but TOAD might be what you might wanna check out. It's pretty cool.

-Matt Received on Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message