Frustrated SQL Plus user

From: dizzy <dizzy73_at_connix.com>
Date: 2000/06/04

[Quoted] Hi All

[Quoted]         I've waited as long as possible to post here because I figured I must be missing something, however after reading the documentation, searching the archives of this list and searching online I've come to the conclusion that SQL plus is too arcane for my use.

The problem

[Quoted] Im running personal Oracle 8.05 which apparently dosnt have sql worksheet which Im accustomed to.
I don't like the fact that the past commands are not saved in a buffer no use of the left arrow to modify a previous statement

[Quoted] [Quoted] I think its insane to have to retype a command I previously typed while in a session. Or have to copy and paste
The "tools" on the toolbar seem useless. I even find the documentation for sql + insane.
[Quoted] [Quoted] "the semi colon is optional..." Well its either a semi colon or type run after issuing the statement!
Im used to sql worksheet where I can execute the statement by pressing ctrl+l

Im looking for an simple editor/worksheet that will do the above. Is that too much to ask? Is there such a program?

Thanks for any pointers

rob Received on Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message