Management Server, help

From: <mr_potato_head_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/03

Hi,

   I'm a newbie to oracle so be nice. I just installed oracle 8.1.6 on my ultra2 on solaris7. I used the dbassist to delete the default database and create a script to create my new database. I did install the Enterprise Manager on my win98 client but I could not use my EM console. It keeps asking me for my Management Server. What the heck is this? From want I understand, if I install EM on NT then I will be prompted to create a repository for the EM data, right? wrong? Anyway, I wanted to install this on my ultra2 running solaris7. When I attempted this, I kept getting an error say that I have to have JRE 1.1.7 or later installed at bin/jre. I did install 1.1.7 but I still get this error. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jun 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message