Help! OEM on NT and 8i on Linux

From: <dwang999_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/03

I installed Oracle8i 8.1.6 (Release 2) on Linux (redhat 6.1), OEM 2.0.4 on NT.

I can start SQL-worksheet on NT to login to the 8i server, so the TNSNAMES.ora on NT and listener.ora on Linux must be OK.

I can start OEM console on NT to discover the Linux Node, so the Intelligent agent must be running on Linux fine.

However, for any other GUI tools on NT (schema manager, etc), the connection always returns:

ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

I am using the same service name, so I do not think it's a TNSNAMES.ORA error.

Then what could it be?

Thanks for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Jun 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message