Re: Why I cannot create a table even I have the RESOURCE role?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/06/02

> SQL> create table aaa (a number);
> create table aaa (a number)
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'USERS'

This is your answer right here. User A does not have UNLIMITED TABLESPACE. The UNLIMITED TABLESPACE priv is granted when you grant the RESOURCE role, but it is not part of the RESOURCE role. It is seperate. The UNLIMITED TABLESPACE privilege can be revoked leaving the user with the RESOURCE role still intact. Obviously, this priv has been revoked from user A and a tablespace quota has been issued. Either increase the quota for user A on that tablespace, or grant UNLIMITED TABLESPACE to user A.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at