which tool is better for my platforms

From: Arun Solleti <asolleti_at_com1.med.usf.edu>
Date: 2000/06/02

Hi
All

I wanted to design a web based database, with the backed as Oracle 8.0 which will be sitting on a Unix platform. I should design my front end, for users who mainly will be Netscape users either on NT/Solaris environment. So i wanted to take some suggestion from experts out there as which will be a better option from me to go in terms of a)Flexibility in design b)platform issues c)compatibility with other database which has front end in java and xml among the following:

  1. Oracle has tool called WebDB (Really dont know if this tool is flexible ?)
  2. Java Applet and use of JDBC ( Will by platform and browser will be a major issue ?)
  3. Cold Fusion

Or can you suggest any other front end tool which can satisfy my requirements.

Appreciate your time and replies
Arun Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message