Re: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement when using Perl DBI::Oracle module

From: Panos Kavalagios <P.Kavalagios_at_hydro.ntua.gr>
Date: 2000/06/01

Panos Kavalagios wrote:

> $sth=$dbh->prepare("describe mytablename");

[Quoted]     I've been told in a private mail that I can use the database object all_tab_columns as an alternative solution to my problem. Thus, the following:

$sth=$dbh->prepare("select column_name from all_tab_columns where table_name='mytablename'");

gives me the desired result. However, I'm still curious how a trivial describe SQL statement could fail. Anyway, thank you very much for your time.

Panos Kavalagios Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message