static link of 816 client on HP-UX 11.0

From: Jonathan Stockley <jonathan.stockley_at_quest.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

I'm trying to find out how to link a Pro*C client statically on HP_UX 11.
In the past I've just cribbed the link line from the output building the samples
in $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc and it worked fine. However with 8.1.6 I cannot even build the samples. I modified the demo_proc.mk
to use the build_static target but it comes up with loads of undefined syms when linking.
They've simplified the dynamic link to simply a -lclntsh but it looks like you cannot
link static anymore. Can anyone confirm, deny or tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
Jo

--
Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr