Re: DB_BLOCK_SIZE --- How ??

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/31

First of all, IMO there are only very rare cases where 16k is advantegeous. I just returned from a customer where I saw the detrimental consequences: many tables are smaller than db_file_multiblock_read_count * db_block_size, so whatever index: they will be read using full table scan. Secondly, you can't change this parameter, the init<sid>.ora needs to have the correct value *PRIOR* to database creation. As you don't specify which version you are using, I can't tell you whether the oradim utility, the installer or the database assistant will allow you to change it on the fly, some do, some don't

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Johnson <syner_at_pd.jaring.my> schreef in berichtnieuws 8h2kmg$era$1_at_news4.jaring.my...