Re: WebDB: create a link in SQL-based report

From: Leo Van Nieuwenhuyse <leo.van.nieuwenhuyse_at_pandora.be>
Date: 2000/05/30

[Quoted] You can create the hyperlink in your select statement:

example: you can make link on reports
[Quoted] In the sql-clause put your link in the following way:

Select empno,
'<A
HREF=yourscheme.yourpackage.yourprocedure?p_request=yourrequest&p_arg_names= [Quoted] yourparameters&p_arg_values=' || empno ||'>||ename||'</A>' the_link from emp

[Quoted] Of course this is an example, you can replace the yourscheme.yourpackage.yourprocedure?p_request=yourrequest&p_arg_names=yourp arameters&p_arg_values=' || empno ||'>||ename||' by other url's such as 'http://www.oracle.com/support'.

[Quoted] Better practice is to put such a things in a package containing functions: What we did is 1 package called 'hyperlink' with several functions (1 per link we want to use).

[Quoted] Afterwards you can use the function in the select clause wich makes the query more readable, and of course you can re-use the function on other places.

example:

Select empno,

[Quoted]           hyperlink.yourfunction(empno,ename) from emp

[Quoted] And you can even make a view out of this select!

true">Diagn.</A>
[Quoted] Jim Lewis <pojpl_at_ais.ucla.edu> schreef in berichtnieuws 8h12k0$62d$1_at_carroll.library.ucla.edu...