Re: Oracle 8.1.6 Server

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: 2000/05/30

Hello Johnai:

You can pre-create a new 8.1.6 database on your new server using whatever parameters you want - including a db_block_size of 16K. You can also pre-create the tablespaces and decide where you want the datafiles located. Then do either a full export from the 8.0.5 machine and a full import to the 8.1.6 machine or a schema-by-schema export/import. If you use the 8.1.6 database creation assistant note that no matter what size you make the rollback tablespace, it will come out of the creation assistant set to 12M. You'll have to adjust it afterwards..

Van

Johnai <syner_at_pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:8h0hdv$7ne$1_at_news4.jaring.my...
> Hello,
>
> I am going to install Oracle 8.1.6 to my newserver HP server on windows
 NT.