Reports and UNIX Stuff

From: Jacqui Spencer <jacqui.spencer_at_lancscc.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/05/25

[Quoted] I have a report running from a UNIX box over an intranet and I need to allow my users to specify which print tray they would like it to run from.

I am passing the tray name as a parameter to the report and I have used the SRW.SET_PRINTER_TRAY( :PARAMETER) command in the before_report trigger. This seems to do absolutely nothing, it still comes out of the default tray. I figure this may be because I have looked up the names of the available trays in my windows printer settings and UNIX thinks the trays are called different names so it ignores me and goes for the default. My UNIX is appalling and I don't know how to find the names of the available trays assuming this is possible. If you think this is the problem and can tell me how to get the tray names.

My other cunning plan was to add a before report printer escape command to the property palette however this too seems to do nothing. The escape command is ESC&l#H (#being the tray number 0 to 8). Problems with this may include the fact that I can't type an escape character into the property palette (although I'm not sure I need to do this seen as it knows it's a printer escape - so I tried it without to no avail). I've tried chr(27) which doesn't work plus \027, <27>, ctrl-p and esc none of which work.

I've wasted several trees already and any help would be great even if it's only to say give up it can't be done.

Thanks for any help
Jacqui Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message