Help need with SQL*loader

From: Gaggi nicola <ngaggi_at_libero.it>
Date: 2000/05/25

[Quoted] Hello everyone,

I am using sql*loader to import datas from an old external database to my develop database. I am using fixed field text data file.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but i can't perform a clear import of these datas! the log file states that nearly each record has been rejected by the server because table's constraint (either primary or foreign key) have been violated, but the data from the import file are uploaded anyway. If i execute a SELECT statement after the execution of the load process the table has been updated. Only datas that violate not null constraints seems to be not uploaded.

I have read the docs and i have found that this is a tipical behaviour of direct path load method, but i don't use such a method to import my records!

It seems like SQL*loader loads records twice. One time using direct path load method (thus violating referential integrity constraints, but writing datas anyway) and then one using conventional path load (thus violating primary key constraints).

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Please reply via newgroup or directly to ngaggi_at_libero.it or nicola_at_netserv.it.

Gaggi Nicola. Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message