Re: Forms6: Table-Headers in Multirecord-Blocks?

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

"Werner Ebert" <ebert_at_zv.fhg.de> wrote in message news:392D0263.A010CC5B_at_zv.fhg.de...

> Hello!
>
> Is there a way to associate some kind of Table-Header (like the one in
> the
> Windows-Explorer) with the rows in a multi-record-block in Forms 6?

You mean like buttons that you can press to sort with (like when Windoze Explorer is in "Detail" view mode)?

Yes, although you can't sort on non-database columns though.

Put the buttons in a separate block (not sure if it *must* be separate or not but that's what we did) and they are enabled. Name them something similar to your original items.

Like if your original item is PRICE, then name the button B_PRICE, and make sure the property is set (I forget what it is) so that focus goes to the button when it's clicked - there's a property that you set to yes or no in the property palette that indicates if you click on a button that internal focus (:SYSTEM.TRIGGER_ITEM for example) goes to that item or not. I forget what the property is called though.

Then in the when-button-pressed trigger (let's use B_<name> for our naming convention here for example's sake) do this:

V_BUTTON_PRESSED := SUBSTR(:SYSTEM.TRIGGER_ITEM,INSTR(:SYSTEM.TRIGGER_ITEM)+1) SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('ORIGINAL BLOCK THAT YOU WANT TO SORT',DEFAULT_WHERE,V_BUTTON_PRESSED);
GO_BLOCK('ORIGINAL BLOCK THAT YOU WANT TO SORT'); IF NOT FORM_SUCCESS THEN
   RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
END IF;
DO_KEY('EXECUTE_QUERY'); (This is all just off the top of my head, but you get the idea.)

We also had a way to resize the columns too, like in Windoze Explorer, but I don't know the details of how that was done - sorry.

-Matt Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message