Re: Missing data and sql

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: 2000/05/25

"Mehdi Benchaib" <benchaib_at_rockefeller.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote in message news:8ge57g$m0f$1_at_demo2.univ-lyon1.fr...
> Hi,
> I am a rookie in sql language. Does it exist a way to process the missing
> data in a table like "nvl" for the null data ?

Yes - that's exactly it. Use NVL for null columns.

Use an outer join for entire rows that are missing between tables (that is, you have a row in one table and in joining to another table that other table doesn't have a corresponding row).

-Matt Received on Thu May 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message