Re: OAS using SSL

From: Martin Rapier <m.rapier_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 2000/05/24

Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au> wrote in article <8gfuia$a89$1_at_perki.connect.com.au>...
> Is it oracle compalible?
> Oracle sugests an comapny called Verisign or something like that for SSL.
> I know that seting up the ssl is very hard.(I have never done it but I
 have
> hared alot about it.)

I believe for older versions of OAS it would only work with SSL certificates from Verisign. I did that a few years ago and have never bothered to investigate other certificate providers as the Verisign stuff works fine.

Setting it up is easy, just follow the instructions in the online manual, the _really_ hard bit was getting all the assurance stuff done that we really were 'The University of Sheffield' and not some joker in his back room. That took over six months. Oh, and remembering to renew the certificates every year....

Cheers
Martin. Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message