Calling 'C' programs from PL/SQL packages

From: Your Name <A.N.Other_at_lboro.ac.uk>
Date: 2000/05/24

Hi all,

We have a Oracle 7.2.3 database running PL/SQL Release 2.2.3.0.0 on a HP Unix box.

What I would like to do is call a 'C' program from within a PL/SQL package. I can't use 'host' as in forms 3 to execute an operating system command and I know of no other way of calling this function. If the 'C' function could return a value into a PL/SQL variable that would be even better.

Surely, Oracle PL/SQL must in some way call low level 'C' routines to carry out it's own functionality.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pali Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message