WebDB, specify IP address in listener

From: Kurt Verachtert <kurt_at_sqlonline.com>
Date: 2000/05/24

Hi,

is it possible to specify an IP address to listen on ? I'm running a single server with 10 IP numbers on it. On some of these IP's I'm running MS IIS4. Now I want the lightweight Oracle Webdb Listener only to listen on one of those IP numbers so it won't conflict with IIS. Right now I use another port which works fine but it is commercially not interesting to specify URL's like www.sqlonline.com:8080. Also I can specify 'hostname' in the listener (wdblsnr.exe help) but the hostname is the same for the 10 IP's...

Another question, how do I map www.sqlonline.com to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/sqlonline ? In IIS I can specify this. How do I do it in WebDB, their manual says nothing about it.

Thanks in advance,

Kurt Verachtert
kurt_at_sqlonline.com Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message