Re: Consultants - FREE Zero Impact Sql & Service Level Monitor

From: <devdev_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

[Quoted] [Quoted] "It does this on a separate box - the network must be configured such that it can see all the packets"

Neil, don't you contradict yourself? Everything has some cost. Nothing comes for nothing.

In article <8gcd21$r81$1_at_slb0.atl.mindspring.net>,   "Mary Owens" <mowens_at_sqlpower.com> wrote:
> Consultants - FREE Zero Impact Sql & Service Level Monitor
>
> The database and service level monitor with ZERO impact wins!
>
> Consultants build your SQL performance, tuning and service level
 consulting
> practices with the Zero Impact Sql and Service Level Monitoring
 products.
> Sql Power Tools, Inc. is a product based company and rarely if ever
> provides consulting services. Consultants are under NO obligation to
> recommend the product line to your customer base.
>
> Sql Power Tools will give Consultants a free copy of the industry
> breakthrough
> Zero Impact Sql Monitor and Zero Impact Service Level Monitor
 products!
> Excellent for monitoring with ZERO impact - database servers having
> 10,000+
> users and processing 50 to 10,000+ SQL transactions per second.
>
> Zero Impact Sql Monitor and Zero Impact Service Level Monitor
 products are
> available for DB2, Informix, Microsoft, Oracle and Sybase.
>
> You may install the products on a laptop (takes a few minutes) and
 build
> your SQL performance, tuning and service level consulting practices.
 Once
> installed on a laptop, simply plug the laptop into a client's network
 and
> you will be IMMEDIATELY capturing and monitoring:
>
> 1. All or any subset of the SQL statements (with their performance)
 sent
> [...]
> customer has required a class on product usage todate!) We will
> give you complete product support at no charge.
>
> II. How the product works:
> =========================
>
> The product line non-intrusively analyzes the SQL network packet
> flow to the database server for end-user SQL and service level
> performance monitoring. In the SQL network packets are the SQL
> statements, results, error messages, show plans, I/O statistics
> and more. SQL statement performance is obtained from real-time
> network packet time stamps provided by the network adapter.
>
> Install the product on your laptop (takes a few minutes), then
> plug the laptop into a client's network (client does NOT need to
> assign you an IP address) and you will be IMMEDIATELY capturing
> and monitoring database server performance. The laptop needs
> to be connected to the network on the same subnet or switch
> as the database server. Then our product can non-intrusively
> view and analyze the SQL packet flow to the database server.
>
> Product is available for 95, 98, NT, AIX, HP-UX and Solaris
> laptops. From any laptop a database server on any other
> platform type can be monitored (e.g. Linux, SCO Unix, Sequent,
> DEC, etc.).
>
> III. Competitive monitoring approaches:
> ======================================
>
> Other industry database monitoring approaches are less than
> satisfactory due to the following issues:
>
> 1. They do NOT capture or monitor 24x7 what causes 80% of all database
> server production performance problems (end-user SQL transactions).
> They monitor high level resources, the cause of about
> 20% of all database performance problems.
>
> 2. They do NOT monitor end-user or database server response time
> (service levels) at the SQL statement level for predictive
> identification of pending performance problems.
>
> (e.g. poor database performance caused by disk space fragmentation,
> skewed distribution statistics, outdated distribution statistics,
> increased transaction loads, poor performing SQL statements,
> blocked SQL transactions as well as other performance issues)
>
> 3. They are intrusive, difficult/expensive to install and setup,
> have a high cost of operation and are usually quite expensive.
>
> 4. They are so intrusive they may not be used 24x7 in production
> environments. i.e. they may only be used in development and
> test environments, not in production where SQL performance
> plus end user service level measurement is critical to success.
>
> 5. Other database monitors may not scale well when additional users
> are added or transaction processing requirements increase.
>
> 6. Other database monitors that do not measure Service Levels such
> as end-user response time, database server response time, network
> time and other metrics which allows DBAs, Administrators and Help
> Desks to proactively detect and resolve database performance issues
> prior to end user complaints.
>
> 7. Rejected database server login attempts are not monitored.
 Important
> [...]
> Service Level Monitor products to:
>
> 1. SQL capture (all or any subset) and performance monitoring in
> real-time or with offline SQL statement filtering. SQL
> statements can be pinpointed by end user response time, database
> server response time, network time, rows returned, login id,
> application group, host group, database, server, client IP
> address, pid, errors, and key words in SQL statement text.
>
> 2. SQL can be reconstructed by time periods by: end user
> response time, database server response time, network time,
> rows returned, login id, application group, host group, database,
> server, client IP address, pid, errors, and key words in SQL
> statement text.
>
> 3. Alert notification in real-time or offline to poor performing
> SQL or stored procedures.
>
> 4. View SQL currently in progress at the database server. SQL
> can be filtered by run time.
>
> 5. Obtain real-time service level metrics at the SQL statement
> level. Average end user response time, average database server
> response time, average network send and receive time plus other
> important Service Level metrics are available by user selectable
> monitoring interval.
>
> 6. Obtain the service levels 24x7 by stored procedure execution,
> SQL statement type, table usage or column usage for a monitoring
> interval (e.g. 30 seconds).
>
> 7. Proactively detect and resolve database performance issues
> prior to end-user complaints. e.g. trending average end user
> response time, database server response time, rows returned or
> network times are important service levels to take action upon
> prior to end user complaints.
>
> 8. Monitor the cause of 80% of database server performance problems,
> i.e. SQL statement and end user response time performance.
>
> 9. Position your consulting practice to gain a competitive advantage
> over your competitors! How? Easy, with these products one can
> pinpoint SQL statement performance problems due to individual
> poor performing SQL statements or groups of SQL statements
> collectively causing unnecessary hardware upgrades and poor end
> user service levels.
>
> 10. Make your clients day! If they have just spent (or are about
> to spend) BIG BUCKS on competitive database monitors and
> consulting services that CANNOT pinpoint the SQL statements
> causing poor database performance, or proactively identify
> pending end user poor response times (i.e. service levels),
> or allow complete reconstruction of the SQL causing poor
> performance, or are to intrusive to run in production
> environments, -- then you can immediately provide
> consulting services with an outstanding ROI!
>
> V. How do you join the Consultant Partnership Program?
>
> Simply email Sql Power Tools at consultant_at_sqlpower.com. We will
> email you Consultant Partnership Program Application that can
> be completed in a few minutes. Program qualification is a SNAP
> and there is no charge. All product software and licenses are

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue May 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message