OAS using SSL

From: Patrick Lo <cylo_at_vtc.edu.hk>
Date: 2000/05/23

Hi,

[Quoted] I am using Oracle Application Server 4.0.8 on Sun Solaris 7. I have successfully setup the Web Server using normal WWW port 80. Everyone would browse the HTML pages on the OAS Web Server without any problem.

However, once we have setup the SSL on the OAS using a "Not well known Certificate provider", we found that Netscape Browser would tell the user that it does not recognize the signer of the certificate and ask the user to accept the certificate. If the user would spend some time, (say 2 minutes ), to read all the prompted message (which is from Netscape Browser) , the netscape would show error message as follow :

"Network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data. (Network
Error: Connection reset by peer). Try connecting again."

I believe that it relates to the timeout aspect but even if I increase the "Keep Alive Timeout" to a very large number, the error from the netscape browser still appear if I have spent too much time on read the
"Certificate Signer Acceptance" message from Netscape Browser. If I do
not read the "Certificate Signer Acceptance" message and press the
"Next" buttons and accept the signer very quickly, the Network error
would not be shown.

I have tried using Netscape Communicator 4.5, 4.7, 4.72 and even 4.73 still have this problem.

Can anyone tell me what makes this error happen? If it is caused by the OAS, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.

--
Regards,

Patrick