Re: WebDB links

From: Desert Dweller <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

Hi Szymon,

The way I got around having static information in my links was to use the Advanced SQL tab instead of the Text one. In the "After displaying the Footer" section, you would put code like this (I'm not sure if I handled your double quotes right, I don't use those sorts of URLs):

htp.p('<A HREF="http://domain/' ||
GetSchema(WEBDB.wwv_name_value.get_string( l_arg_names,l_arg_values,'YOUR_IN _PARAMETER_GOES_HERE') ) || '.RPT_MY_RAPORT.show"> Back to the report </a>');

This calls the function "GetSchema" with some in-parameter that you have selected in the SQL query of your report to dynamically return the schema value and stick it into your URL. "htp.p" is a predefined WebDB procedure that prints whatever you pass it. So it configures your "dynamic" link, then prints it at the bottom of the page for the user to click on.

Let me know if you have any questions, I hope this fixes your problem! -Sandy