Re: Post installation problem on oracle 8.15 in solaris 2.6

From: Steve Jones <steve.jones_at_takethisoutproact.net>
Date: 2000/05/23

I've seen this before but on a Linux box. I use Oracle on Linux and I had some problems with the installer. Eventually I found workarounds. At one stage, I had this problem with the message file. I managed to find out that I had to set an environment variable to point to the root oracle installation directory. I did this in one of the .bash_profile script in the oracle login directory. The environment directory was ORACLE_ROOT. I also had to set the ORACLE_SID.

The setup I used on Linux is as follows:

[root_at_basingwerk oracle]# cat .bash_profile # .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then

        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/OraHome1/bin
BASH_ENV=$HOME/.bashrc
USERNAME=""
ORACLE_SID=ORCL
ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/OraHome1

export USERNAME BASH_ENV PATH ORACLE_SID export ORACLE_HOME

[root_at_basingwerk oracle]# cd OraHome1/ [root_at_basingwerk OraHome1]# ls

admin       database          javavm  md       ord      root.sh.old  t.sh
assistants  dbs               jdbc    network  otrace   scripts      udump
backup      doc               jlib    ocommon  plsql    slax
bdump       grep              ldap    odg      precomp  sqlj
bin         install           lib     oracore  rdbms    sqlplus
ctx         install.platform  logs    oradata  root.sh  svrmgr
[root_at_basingwerk OraHome1]#
--
Steve Jones
stevej_at_getridofthisproact.net