WebDB function security?

From: Jim Lewis <pojpl_at_ais.ucla.edu>
Date: 2000/05/22

[Quoted] We would like to setup our application developers with access to some, but not all WebDB functions. For instance, we would like to give developers access to create WebDB reports, but not access to the WebDB functions that would allow them to create tables, etc.

The WEBDB_DEVELOPER role, which is the primary bundle of privileges granted to an account that will be using WebDB, includes the privilege to create database objects. We would like finer control over the WebDB functions than this.

How can we discover the privileges that pertain to the various WebDB functions so we can drop them for specific users? Is there another way to exercise this sort of control over WebDB functions?     Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message