Strange cursor behaviour in Webforms

From: Gerrit Breebaart <gbreebaa_at_assai.nl>
Date: 2000/05/19

Hi,

[Quoted] We developed an Oracle Forms application (version 6.0.5.34.0). We want to deploy the application both in client-server mode and on an intranet using webforms. In client-server mod ethe application runs just fine. When using webforms however (regardless of whether we're using IIS 4.0., OAS 4.0.7. or [Quoted] OAS 4.0.8.) we get some strange cursor behaviour.

E.g.

A form consists of two blocks (master-detail). The master block consists of a number of items, some of them mandatory. The detail block consists of two tab-pages each containing a number if items, some of them mandatory.

I create a new record in the master block and enter some values. I leave at least one mandatory empty.
[Quoted] Using the mouse, I (try to) jump to the second tab page of the second block. [Quoted] The form now issues a message indicating there's a mandatory item left in the top block.

THIS IS WHERE THINGS GO WRONG ! The cursor is now located in an item in the top block. The cursor however will no longer respond to the mouse !.
When trying to move the cursor with the mouse, there's no effect. The cursor [Quoted] will respond to function keys (next-item etc.) but that's not the point.Depending on circumstances, also the button/toolbar [Quoted] fails to respond to mouse activity.

Any experience with the above and any suggestions on what may be the solution ?

Oracle support are not much help up to now and we may be loosing an important client over this one !

Thank a million ! (Though not exactly this much, a box of quality wine (including shipping) for our saviour !)

Gerrit Received on Fri May 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message