Re: DB Administration SW Required

From: Martin Rapier <m.rapier_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 2000/05/19

renepezo_at_my-deja.com wrote in article <8frnn8$92d$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...

> I need to purchase a D.B. Administration Tool. To name two I have tried:

> - Oracle Enterprise Manager (too limited)
Agreed.

{snip}
> Does anyone know a better one? Any sugestions?

I wrote my own for system monitoring and fault notification, but it depends what you want to do, how many sites you've got to manage etc really.

I find the free product TOAD is perfectly adequate for simple schema browsing etc (I bought the registered version as it has a few more DBA features).

Cheers
Martin. Received on Fri May 19 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message