Re: forms6 and unix: what do i need to run a form generated with form-builder on ibm aix?

From: <mmohrmann_at_schueco.de>
Date: 2000/05/19

Hi Dietmar,

you must copy the fmb file (via ftp) from your workstation to the aix system. On your aix system you start the forms builder and compile the form. Now you have generate an executable (FMX) file which is running on ibm aix.

Some problems:

  • forms on aix use xpm files for iconic buttons, windows-nt uses ico files. Solution: Copy the ico file from nt to aix and convert the ico file into a xpm file with the program mcnvicon60 locate in $ORACLE_HOME/bin
  • font conversation. On aix there are only some fonts, so the forms builder will change font and size. Solution: try and error, sorry. I use font courier, size 10 on nt, but on aix the item size is too small

Marco