Re: SQL Loader

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/05/19

add this to your sqlldr file.

TRAILING NULLCOLS
TRAILING NULLCOLS tells SQL*Loader to treat any relatively positioned columns that are not present in the record as null columns.

For example, if the following data

10 Accounting

is read with the following control file

INTO TABLE dept

        TRAILING NULLCOLS
( deptno CHAR TERMINATED BY " ",

    dname CHAR TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE,     loc CHAR TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE )

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com
"Hemanshu" <hemanshu_parikhNOheSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message

> I was trying to load data from a text file into Oracle
> using SQL Loader and I got an error SQL*Loader-524: partial
> record found at end of datafile (PATIENT.CTL).
> I checked the datafile and it looks ok except that there
> is 'NULL'(written explicitly) value at some places in the
> last column.
>

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful