FORMS 6

From: Markus Janscha <markus_at_janscha.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/18

Hey There,

Is it possible to develop a Form that populates a transaction table in a star schema?

The schema entities are as follows: Transaction (fact), Account (dimension), Department (dimension),
Fiscal Period(dimension), Unit(dimension) - entries are made into the fact table only.

I would like to create a matrix like form where the foreign keys in the transaction table are populated automatically after the user enters a transactions. All the user should do, is to select a date and enter one value per transaction. The thing is that Accounts available for entry on a Form should be a dynamically created subset of about 150 Accounts (depending on department) within a pre-coded range. The Fiscal Period and Unit number should only appear once on the from regardless of the number of transaction entered.

Is this possible or do I have to hard code my items?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Markus Received on Thu May 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message