Re: what needed to start programming with Oracle

From: ramon <perezrNOpeSPAM_at_ferrocorp.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/05/17

Your help is really welcomed.
I'll follow your suggestions for developer and PL/SQL.

I still have some doubts (remember I'm a new here and I have an Access97-way-of-thinking!):

ok, developer can be used to create the forms that allow users to add/edit data, and also to create reports and graphs, but
[Quoted] - first of all, how do I design the structure and properties of
the tables? can be done also with Developer?

    [Quoted]
  • the tables and forms & reports must all be in the same file? [Quoted]
  • does Developer create an standalone .exe file that users can execute to print the reports and graphs, or do the users need to have an aditional oracle-tool installed on his PC? [Quoted]
  • which is the typical scheme?: A computer used as Server containing the data file, and then each user having on his PC the program created with Developer? Does the server-computer need some oracle-tool or it is enough to copy the data file there?

[Quoted] If you don't want to answer my questions, please, suggest me a good book or any other thing that helped you to start in the Oracle-world.
Thank you very much.
R.

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!