executing pl/sql in parallel

From: <kevin_at_english.net>
Date: 2000/05/15

Hello,
[Quoted] [Quoted]  I was wondering if there is a way to execute 2 pl/sql programs in parallel on Oracle 8i. Basically, I have one stored procedure called clean_data which calls many other procedures that are all pretty much independent of each other. I want clean_data to call each procedure and not have to wait it to finish before launching the next one and thus execute all the procedures in parallel. . . .   Does anyone know how to accomplish this? I thought maybe DBMS_PIPE would help but i can't seem to see how. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message