PLSQL and upload and download files

From: Jan Zak <jan.zak_at_ac.com>
Date: 2000/05/15

[Quoted] I am trying to create a "file manager" on the web server. I would like I-users to upload and download files via it. I am using PLSQL.

For upload I use the standard method (FORM enctype="multipart/form-data" [Quoted] action="...")which uploads the file into the database table wwv.document as far as I understand (the content can be found in a BLOB field of that table).
When I try to use htp.download_file it does not ask me for the name of the file to be stored. It does not download anything from the web server and does not issue any error message.

Am I doing it correctly ?
How can I display or better put the content of the table into a file (I want to create a file on the server from the record in that table).

Is this functionality somehow connected with owa_content.list_documents ? It does not list any documents even if there are some in the wwv.document table.

Can anyone give me some help (resources?) on this issue ?

Thanks a lot
Jan Received on Mon May 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message