Re: physical reads and writes

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/05/15

There are usually tools offered by the OS that will allow you to see how many i/o's per second you are doing.

utlbstat/utlestat gives you how much data is written to each file and how many writes over a period of time. But it doesn't give you peak access.

For the information you are looking for, it is really by disk, and not by oracle datafile.

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com