oracle & linux

From: Petra Wierczimok <Petra.Wierczimok_at_t-online.de>
Date: 2000/05/12

hi

i have installed oracle 8.0.5 on linux (red hat ).

the listener runns (1521)and i can mount the database. i have look on freshmeat for tools,

and i have found the oracle object manager. the tool dosent run on my system ...

[Quoted] where i can get windowstools to test the connection (the windowsclient connect the oracle server that runn on linux)

or you now an other linux client for linux ???

and another question.

i have started with mysql...

the command:

[Quoted] create tabel new (firstname char(22), name char(34) ) create a database on my oracle system.

[Quoted] the command ---show tables ---print under mysql the tables under orcale i get an error message

and the insert command ..

under mysql i write

[Quoted] insert into new values("dd","dd")

and it put into the table

what are the instructions in oracle ???

i am a beginner in oracle and sql can someone help me ???

this email acount is temporaly... i am in holiday...

mailto:f_beckmann_at_gmx.de

thank you for help

frank

i know that my english is very very bad... Received on Fri May 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message