Re: Oracle 7.3 stored procedures

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/12

ricaze <ricardo_j_carvalhoNOriSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid> schreef in berichtnieuws 18dae34d.0b32c8c6_at_usw-ex0108-062.remarq.com...
> Oracle Fiends,
>
> I got stuck in a very basic store procedure and need some
> help. It goes like this:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test
> is
> begin
> select * from MyTable;
> end;
>
> and the bastard engine say "You need an INTO clause."
>
> If I store it in a variable, it means that I will only be
> able to return a value and I was keen in getting a
> resultset.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Ricaze (ricardo_j_carvalho_at_hotmail.com)
>

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Idea 1: search the newsgroup archives at www.deja.com This question is answered almost every day!
Idea 2 : Refer to either the Oracle documentation or Steven Feuerstein's PL/SQL book or to http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/Resultsets/index.html

Please note 7.3 will be desupported this year.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri May 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message