Re: PL/SQL

From: Mervyn at ifwdc.com <merv_at_ifwdc.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

James,

You an use a PIPE concept with Oracle. I've used this with Unix in the past with good success. You can also generate files on the server platform using FILE_UTL (or similar :-) )

You can use this to generate unix scripts or .bat files. These can then be picked up and run by a cron type job on unix, or similar on NT I assume (not NT familiar). This method will work, but you cannot get back a success or fail. You need to do messy stuff by writing status data into files, and then read them using the file_utl packages.

I know this is a bit sketchy. it should give some pointers though.

Merv.