Re: Forms Question - Looking up details

From: Andreas Stephan <nospam.as.stedat_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/05/11

There are two possible scenarios I see:
1st: you are in enter-query mode. Then you have to do all population of your master block items in the POST-QUERY Trigger. This fires automatically when you hit the execute query key / button. Then the detail block will automatically processed by the forms logic and the corresponding rows will be fetched. Further (non database field information) can
be retrieved for the detail block with the POST-QUERY Trigger on the detail block level.

2nd: You are in insert/update mode:
Fill in the corresponding values using the when-validate-item trigger on the field that is populated by the LOV.
Then do a go_block('detail_block'); do_key('execute_query'); That should do the trick.

Hope this helps.
Andy