Re: What is the best NT backup software for Oracle

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/05/11

Hi

Backup Exec does not support Point In Time recovery. We also had a problem with backup exec where we discovered that the control file was not being backed up correctly and the backup exec log reported successful backups. The lessojn here of course is to check the alert log for the instance however our backup operators weren't doing that and (fortunately) it was a development system so As DBAs we didn't actualy pay that much attention to it. Really proved the value of testing your backup and recovery strategy regularly though.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"Michael Cooke" <mick_at_cook161.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi Romain
>
> I am currently testing Veritas BackupExec with the Oracle Agent, on an
NT4.0