Re: WEBDB Customised Component access..

From: <rvar_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/11

Hi,

Thank you Greg for the response.

We set listener setting as Default database access Descriptor (DAD):

We did the following:

>From Administrators->User Manager-> User panel(user tab)

        The 'component building schema' (and webddb developer ) has been checked for the user(xyz). It was found to be checked. We are still unable to obtain the components created by the user xyz, in the list of items. Could this have any relation to the access/privileges required for the xyz_public and xyz_admin users created by the tool automatically?

        Apart from the above,the user xyz has various roles, grants, browse and build privileges.

Thanks in advance,
Srikanth/Mohan.

In article <3917793D.E28EB341_at_loxinfo.co.th>,   Greg <actiris_at_loxinfo.co.th> wrote:
> Check in the User manager page, user panel,
> if your new USER has the box "Component Building Schema" checked
> Greg
>
> rvar_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using webdb version 2.2 on Windows NT.
> >
> > We have created some tables and web db components.
> > While doing
> > add item->web db components..
> > in the drop down for webdb components, the components developed by
 us
> > are not populated, only the components of scott are populated.
> >
> > According to onlinehelp, we have checked with DAD parameter setups
> > also. We are in the right user/schema.
> >
> > Are we missing something here?
> >
> > What are the permission required inorder to view the webdb
> > components/items under the user we have created.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > Mohan Krishnaraj/Srikanth.R.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu May 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message