Oracle Forms Search String

From: Ira Rosen <IROSEN1_at_email.mot.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

[Quoted] I am trying to implement a search function within an Oracle Forms [Quoted] application. The search string I would like to use contains some 'LIKE' [Quoted] clauses for columns in an Oracle-based table. I want my search string to [Quoted] contain single-quote characters. I realize this sounds trivial, but I am [Quoted] unable to define a string such as: WHERE VALUE LIKE '%PATTERN%' because [Quoted] Forms (or perhaps the server) assumes that the single-quote characters [Quoted] in my search string are string delimiters. I've tried C/Unix tricks such [Quoted] as preceding the single-quote character with '\' characters, but have [Quoted] not had any luck. I want to implement this in a 'WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED' [Quoted] trigger using the Set_Block_Property() built-in function.

[Quoted] Thank you for your help.

-Ira Rosen Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message