Forms Question - Looking up details

From: Paul Cullen <mail_at_cullenpm.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/10

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a form (created in version 4.5) which has a master/detail join [Quoted] between 2 base table blocks. All works OK, querying, performing the master/detail look-up etc.

I have created a list of values (LOV) on one field (CODE). This also works OK as far as the LOV is concerned, and returns a value for the CODE field as [Quoted] expected and populates the code field on the form.

What I want to do now is to populate all relevant details in the master block based on the CODE selected and then go off and get items for the detail block.

I have tried to put in ENTER_QUERY/EXECUTE_QUERY calls in the POST-TEXT-ITEM [Quoted] trigger for the CODE field but get restricted trigger messages all over the place.

[Quoted] Does anybody have a slick solution for the above?

Thank-you in advance.

Paul. Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message