Re: Setting the work directory in SQL*PLUS

From: Emile de Bruijn <e.v.debruijn_at_kpn.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

Thanks Mike,

The solution with the registry key works. I put my directory in front of the network directory, so, SQL*PLUS is now even reading my login.sql file! I have read rights on the network drive, but I cannot explain WHY he keeps using the network drive as working directory instead of the one I put in the shortcut. (I don't have this poblem with a local installed database...)

But, it's working now, so thanks again...

Emile

Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us> schreef in artikel <PWZR4.27$741.12271_at_wdc-read-01.qwest.net>...
> There is a working directory and a script path.
>
> You can set the working directory with a shortcut, as you have done. Tell
 us
> how this does not work. If this directory is not on your local drive, you
> may not have network permission to write or even read it. You could also
> open a dos window, go to the desired directory, and run
> oracle_home\bin\plus80w, but ... bleah. Of course, that would not solve
 any
> network permission problem.
>
> The script path is defined in the windows registry. Look in
> Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Oracle for SQLPATH. This is a typical PATH
> variable that allows you to list multiple directories separated by
> semicolons. The 'run' command in sqlplus will search this path list, but
> save and get do not (unless the working directory is included in the
 path,
> of course.)
>
> "Emile de Bruijn" <e.v.debruijn_at_kpn.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > At my work I have to start SQL*PLUS from a network drive (no write
 rights).
> > Normaly I set the "working directory" with a shortcut on my desktop.
 But,
> > probably because of the network drive it is not working (I do know
 Save
 As