Oracle exp file structure?

From: <bkarwin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/09

[Quoted] I'm interested in writing a utility to parse an Oracle exp file and import it into another vendor's database (and vice versa). I think this would be very handy for people who have to work with multiple database products.

Are there any resources to learn the binary file structure of an Oracle exp file?
Alternately, is there a library that already does this task? (besides `imp' of course)

I've been checking all the Oracle books, newsgroups, Oracle technet, and other
Internet resources I could get my hands on, but I can't find the information I need.

Regards,
Bill Karwin
bill_at_<nospam>karwin.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue May 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message